Friday, October 1, 2010

Society's Evils

Listen
Did you hear that?

Shhhhh, there it is again.

Suuuuuzeeeeeeeeee

You heard it too?
What is it? you ask.

Oh , it is pure evil calling my name!

Daily

Tempting me

Sometimes quietly whispering my name

Other days it refuses to be ignored and taunts me continually with it's call.

Does this evil entity have a name?

Yes!

It's name is

You see, this den of sin just opened right by my house.
It refuses to fade quietly into the background with the other shopping temptations that reside around it.
No, this little gem of iniquity has bright orange flag banners that continually whip and wave in the wind. It is those flags that produce the sound of my name!
At least I think that is what they are saying.
Inside there lies the most tempting seductress known to man (or perhaps it's woman) kind.
Soft
Oh
So
Fresh
Sweetened and fried bread coated in maple frosting goodness all warm and inviting and even more flavors and colors and delights to tempt the visual and taste senses! (that part was to be read quickly in the run on sentence way)
I shall resist you!
I will learn to avert my head when passing your gloriously tempting yumminess.
In this war between good and evil,
ahem
I mean
In this war between weight loss and continual chunkiness
I shall emerge Victorious!
You may have your way with other girls
Using them up
and spitting them out with thicker waistlines and rounder faces
But not this girl!

4 comments:

Les said...

Hahahaha. I miss you. Wish I could sin with you!

Stephanie said...

Mmmm. Donuts. I'm right there with you, girl . . . Stay away ye evil mound of fried dough!!

Crissie said...

ROR! Glad you're taking the time to entertain me again :o)

Michelle Vandepol said...

cute and yum!